Today is my sabbath


Today is my Sabbath but...

I have writing ideas for my book calling me, I have course content waiting to be finalized, I have windows that need washing, dishes, yard work, packing for my move to a tiny house, and on and on. 

Setting a boundary around my rest time takes discipline and resolve that I don’t always have. So on the days that are really hard for me to take a break, I intentionally remove myself from temptation to keep plugging away. 

I pack a bag with a good book, decadent snacks, and a beach blanket for a good long day at the beach. I take a long hike. I head over to Dan’s for neighborhood wandering. I go on a day long excursion to some small town I haven’t visited yet. Anything that feels restorative and does not feel like work will do.

Once I arrive at my oasis for the day, I spend some time 
just...
doing...
nothing...

These times are short, fulfilling, and powerful because in the mental and emotional quiet, I can hear my soul and all of the awe and gratitude there. 

Comments

Popular Posts